BT Mail is a user centric web based mail that allows you the liberty to access it anywhere and anytime. It is known for easy management and creation of the account. However, before moving on to steps for creating the BT Mail account, you must consider the following:-
- Primary Address: This is the email address of the primary master account. The account holder can use the BT ID to set up other accounts.
- Sub Accounts: This is the additional email address used by the primary user as an alternative email address. These are a good option for young family members as the primary account holder retains complete control.
- Affiliate Accounts: This is a subsidiary email address created for another household member. User gets the complete control of the account along with a distinct BT ID and security details. In other words, they are solely accountable for this account.
It must be noted that only the primary account holder can create the additional accounts. That means, sub and affiliate account users are not provided with this benefit. Once you create a BT Mail account, you get your BT ID i.e. the username and password. In order to create one, you will need your billing account number. It is located at the top right corner of your Invoice. It consists of two letters and eight numbers. For example:- EA12345678. Now, since you have secured the BT billing account number, you are prepared to begin the account creation process.
- First and foremost, turn on your computer.
- Then, open your preferred internet browser. For example, google chrome, mozilla firefox, internet explorer, safari etc. For this, you should look for the respective browser icon on your desktop or taskbar. Click on the icon to open the browser.
- Thereafter, you should open the BT Mail home page. Hence, type in “home.bt.com” in the browser’s address bar. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, look on the top right hand corner for “Email”. Click on it to open the Sign In webpage.
- Here, you will have an option to create a new account. Click on “Create One” tab. This redirects you to the account creation window.
- This window prompts you to provide certain basic details for account creation.
- To begin with, you should provide the email address assigned to you at the time of activating your internet subscription. In case, you have lost your BT ID, you can easily find it.
On the same window, you can search the link to get your login credentials. Look for the link that says “Find it Here”. Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions on the next window to recover the required details. You will need certain details including your phone number and the billing account number for the same.
- The next field prompts you to enter the email address again. Hence, enter it correctly.
- Thereafter, click Continue to proceed with BT Mail account creation.
- Subsequently, you should set a unique, strong password for your BT mail account. You should be very particular in setting a password that is strong. For this, mix up alphabets, numericals and special characters to create a unique password. You must remember the following tips for the same.
- You should always avoid obvious passwords like “1234567” or “mypassword” etc.
- Longer passwords have been proved to be more secure and hack-proof. Hence, you must strive to set the longest possible password.
- Additionally, using consecutive letters of your keyboard can be easily traced. In other words, letters of your password shouldn’t follow any obvious pattern like consecutive letters or four corner keys of your keyboard etc. For this reason, avoid such easy passwords.
- Moreover, you should develop the habit of creating unique passwords for every individual sites and account. Although, it is very typical to use a single password on multiple accounts. But, it can be extremely hazardous. Therefore, you should always setup distinct passwords for every site or account.
- Likewise, it is very common to frame passwords on personal details like birthdates, addresses, phone numbers etc. However, this can prove disastrous. Hence, you should always avoid it.
- It is an extremely useful practice to change your passwords from time to time. This saves you from a lot of future complications. Therefore, you must make this practice a regular habitude.
- Once the password is created, you are required to re-enter it correctly in the appropriate field to confirm it. Hence, do the needful.
- Thereafter, click on Continue to move on to the final step of BT Mail account creation. This will redirect you to the subsequent window that displays the final step.
- Finally, you must provide your BT account number that you had secured from your subscription invoice. As stated earlier, it is the unique 10 digit alphanumeric number located at the top right corner of the invoice.
- Now, click on Create Account to conclude the BT Mail account creation. Now, you are good to utilize all the benefits of a surprisingly user centric email service.